Sunday, May 8, 2016

Hidden View Campground at Hensley Lake, CA

I spent 2 nights at Hensley Lake after leaving Yosemite so I could get the boat wet. I got to the campground just ahead of a storm front. It was very windy when I took this photo.
The storm went through quickly, so there was hope for the kayak the next day.
Nice paved pull-through sites at this Corps of Engineers campground. Electric-only hookups.
Local wildlife.
There is a hiking trail that Thistle and I took in the morning. View of Hensley Lake. There are lots of sheltered coves to explore when paddling.
Canada Geese
Thistle says, "Bunnies!"
Turkey Vultures
Starting up the trail.

Western Kingbird
In the shadow of the High Sierras.


Looking toward the boat launch.
Which is what we did next.
Eared Grebe
Thistle is looking for bunnies and ground squirrels.
Views from the lake.





The water was full of green stuff...algae maybe?



Coots running on water ahead.


Sky-writing. 



Loggerhead Shrike
From there I went back to Coarsegold Escapees Park to wait out dental appointments. My time in limbo is almost over.