Thursday, June 9, 2016

Bully Creek Park, Vale, Oregon

My shady site beside the lake. I had electric hookups, but only needed the AC the first day. It has cooled down now.
Thistle really likes this campground....so much to watch.
 California Quail!
 Prairie dogs...everywhere!
 Killdeer...they are everywhere too!
 Jackrabbits!

 There are huge campsites right by the water.
 I left Thistle home to keep an eye on the wildlife while I kayaked.
I went out early. Everyone was still asleep....even this grebe.
 Ah...
The views...
 Cottonwood reflections.
 Red hills
 Blue skies...
 Clay bluffs
 Calm waters

 Another sleeping Western Grebe
 I think I woke him up.
 Great Blue Heron
 Magpie

 Rocky bluffs
 Geese

 Red-tailed hawk. I watched an Osprey catch a fish too, but it was too far away for a picture.
 Red bluffs

 Black-crowned Night Heron


 I think this is a Caspian Tern.
 And this might be the Osprey, but he had his back turned.
 Back to my site. I only did one side of the lake and back because it was getting windy. Besides, Thistle and I have some exploring to do. 
Off to new adventures tomorrow.