Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Horseback Riding at the Triangle T Historic Guest Ranch

My friend Beth is work camping at the Triangle T Ranch in Dragoon, AZ. She and Ginger agreed to join me on a one-hour ride through the scenic boulders that adorn the landscape there. My goal is to ride at least once a month before the mule ride into the Grand Canyon in November. Left to right: Beth, me, Ginger.
We met the horses while the wrangler was getting them saddled. Cisco, Maverick, and Mack.
I got acquainted with Mack.
Being led to the mounting area.
Don, our wrangler, with his beautiful horse.
First he had to shorten the stirrups...as short as they would go, lol.
Beth needed hers shortened too.
Maverick and Mack chatted while we waited for Ginger.
And she's up!
Off we go, with the dog leading the way.

We walked on the grass so we stirred up less dust.
Heading into the boulders.
I took pictures of Beth over my shoulder. It looks like Maverick was helping himself to some grass.
It wasn't my fault that all I could get was butt shots of Ginger.


Taking a shadow selfie.

It was a beautiful day and the scenery was amazing.
Beth taking a picture of the rock formations.
Don said this ring of stones looks like Stonehenge.
Beth got this great panorama with her cell phone. Don was checking the horse's cinches.

More views from the trail...




We made reservations for dinner and music entertainment on Saturday night.
Triangle T is a Guest Ranch. These are some of the Casita accomodations.
A Labyrinth
Ginger got off her horse because she was hurting....hadn't ridden in many years. Don took Beth and me to ride through some more of the rock formations.
So then I got butt shots of Beth.










That was fun, and a beautiful place to ride, but I know I need to do it more often this year. I can feel it still, and that was just a short ride.