Monday, November 7, 2016

Flagstaff Get-together

October 13-17
I got together with a group of RVing friends in Flagstaff in mid-October. It was the first stop of a rolling rally, but the only part I was able to participate in. We stayed at Black Barts RV Park which also has a steakhouse with singing waiters and waitresses. Here's the gang:
Outside the steakhouse.
Singing wait staff
One day we did a day trip to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. On the way we saw a grove of colorful aspens.
Friends Gloria, Diana, and Birdie at Hermit's Rest.
This was Colleen's first time at the Grand Canyon.
So we had to record that moment.
Gloria on the steps at Desert Tower with Claudia looking on.
View from Desert Tower
On the drive back at sunset/moonrise. Me, Birdie, Claudia, Colleen, and Diana
Almost full-moon rising.
The next day we went to the Lowell Observatory in Flagstaff. Birdie, Mary Jane, Claudia, Colleen, me, and Diana.
and Gloria!
Ghosts of astronomers past...
This is the telescope that was used to discover Pluto!
And I really liked this sign in the flower garden. I have found the truth in it everywhere I travel.